Sunday, March 3, 2013

Siding, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC

Here are a few more photos. The siding is mostly finished with the exception of the gables which are waiting for more flashing which will seal the trim below them. I guess Parr Lumber was out until the following week. We are excited to see the house start to look like what we were expecting (and it very much does).

The plumbers, electricians, and HVAC guys have all been through for their initial installs. There have been a few holdups, but the good news is we have had good weather and dry out worked itself out for the most part. I was told next week the Adair guys will be out for their inspection along with the county. After that drywall should be on its way.

Prior to drywall we will putting up insulation in some of the interior walls. Due to the fact interior walls play no role in heating the house as a whole, Adair does not insulate interior walls. This surprised me, but I guess this is common practice among builders. We want some sound barriers so I bought a bunch of insulation today. I will hang it as soon as I get the green light from Adair. I also want to run some speaker wire through some of the house prior to drywall. I ordered a bunch of wire months back and was just told it will not work because it is not fire rated. Keep this in mind if this is something you plan on doing.





5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You'r build is going fast that's great! It looks like your lot was pretty easy to develop so I bet that helped? We are building in Issaquah and have been in the process of trying to get our land developed for over 6 months ... we're still finalizing our site plan and have hired a civil engineer so it can just get done. It pays to get an easy-to-build-on lot! Do you have a "date of completion?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something that I tend to always forget to do. I will have to really start taking better care of my pipes. Please Visit:

    Plumber Issaquah
    Handyman Redmond
    Handyman Issaquah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, We are having an Adair home built in Olympia. I was wondering if you have any tips on the drying out process before the sheet rock was hung? Thanks for having this blog, it really helps to see others' progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technically speaking, plumbing fittings are nothing but the objects used for connecting two or more pipes. There are different types of fittings available in the market and you should choose only those that are recommended for your plumbing fixtures and pipeline patterns. plumbers

    ReplyDelete